Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Big Run at Zions

Here we are right before the run, pumped, a little nervous, and ready to go. Tammi Miller, Matti Monroe, me and Keri Hennefer. I'm the only rookie runner here, but you've got to start somewhere. Tammi has run in a couple marathons(yeah 26 miles), Matti, is a speed demon, and just did awesome in a 10k last weekend ,and Keri just ran a half marathon in Jan. What good examples huh? I know my hair is really big. I couldn't tame it but, who cares, I'm running six miles, it's sure to flatten. I forgot to leave my Camera before we hit the shuttle to the run, so I was the only one of us with a camera up at the top of the run. Here's all of us together, freezing to death for an hour before the run began. The good thing was that I got some pics, the bad thing, I had to run the whole holding my camera. Not the funnest!On the back: Matti. Keri, Nicole, Leilani, me, Susie, Megan, On the front: Tammi and Kati(She took first out of all the women runners. She is super fast!) I'll be lucky just to finish.
What a cute picture of Justin and Leilani getting ready to run. It was gorgeous, but cold. Me and Keri ran the whole time together. This is in the middle of the run, she did awesome, and helped me keep a good pace, cuz I had to keep up with her. She had a garmun, which tells how far we had gone, which made it easier to know.
Yeah! I finished in under an hour. This is right after I crossed the finish line. It really wasn't that bad. Although, I'm feeling the results today.
Brent and the kids were there waiting for me. I know it probably isn't the funnest thing to go to, but the support is nice. Thanks guys for coming.
Here's my running partner. Thanks Keri! Nice medals huh?
After the run and still smiling.
We did it! Way to go girls!

7 comments:

Leilani said...

Wahoo!!! We rock!! When is our next run? It was seriously so fun, and I am so proud of us all...

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

you guys are awesome!

Nicole B. said...

You did an awesome job!!! It was really good to see you, I miss you guys a ton.

Nicole said...

That's funny- your last comment was from another Nicole B! I have been wanting to not only get in shape but also do a run and you are inspiring me to do it! That's awesome that you just stick with it (training and all!) and now you can say you did it!

sarahblad said...

Yeah! Way to go! I 've always wanted to do something like that.

Keri said...

It was so much fun! You did awesome! Thanks for running with me!

Jared & Shannon said...

Yah Shanette! I am so proud of you for doing the marathon and it looks like your fam was there to support you.